Tuesday, 21 February 2012 22:00
Our club depends on volunteers to organise rides and maintain safety standards.
Role of Club Ride Leaders
- Decide on the viability of a ride in accordance with Club rule 9 - In the event that a ride leader deems weather and/or road conditions not to be sufficiently safe for a club ride to take place or continue, he or she shall cancel the ride. It is the responsibility of members to check with the designated ride leader whether or not a club ride is to take place in the event of adverse conditions, not for the designated ride leader to notify members. In the absence of the designated ride leader or any approved replacement nominated by him or her, members should assume the ride has been cancelled.
- If you become unavailable for a particular ride try to arrange a swap with another leader notifying the group co-ordinator of the intended swap.
- Encourage safe riding in the group.
- Ensure the group stays together and rides within the group speed and distance parameters, taking into account the make-up of the group.
- Ensure no one is left behind unless they so request.
- Consider appointing a back marker if the group size warrants it.
- At the start of the ride advise the group of the intended route and ascertain if any guests are present and take note of their name(s).
- Provide an enjoyable ride within group speed and distance parameters.
- Along with all members point out any inappropriate ride behaviour during a ride advising the co-ordinator if felt the incident is serious enough.
- Provide a ride report to the e.news site by 8pm on the evening of the ride.
Role of Group Coordinator
- Recommend and manage the criteria for your group/s to the Committee.
- Manage and submit the ride leader rota at the required intervals.
- Manage and appoint ride leaders, instructing them on their role as appropriate.
- Advise the Club membership secretary of ride leader appointments so that the Club can advise the CTC.
- Manage overall Group behaviour particularly in relation to safety, speed and distance issues.
- Deal with any Group discipline issues by supporting the ride leaders and involving the Club Committee if disciplinary action is deemed necessary so it can be dealt with it in accordance with the Club's disciplinary procedure.
- Advise Committee of any group issues.